Tuesday, January 18, 2011

They Shall Bear Witness

Ram Ram
Hare Krishna
Radhe Radhe

Hope all is well.  I would like to share with you a very moving incident that happened recently.  Please do read the following narration by the one who experienced this miracle.
Hope this gives us the faith and conviction in the LORD's NAME -  In Rama NAMA, and the power of prayer and the blessings of a Mahaan.  Bear in mind...This is a very very recent event.

A devotee of our Swamiji, HH Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji, in Virudhunagar narrates her tryst with Mahamantra - it was a situation where anyone would lose hope. But she did not!
She held on to the Divine Name, and 'It' had to manifest its power!
An astounding , but true incident that can bring tears to one's eyes - one that goes to show the power of the Divine Name.....

=====================================

By M. Gomathy, Virudhunagar

Our family hails from Thoothukkudi. At present we live at Virudunagar. Once, the house of one of our relatives at Thoothukkudi was about to be seized by the court. My husband and I, taking pity on him, decided to help him out and gave him 10 sovereign worth of jewels and 1 ½ lacs in cash, in good faith, without any documentary evidence. The man and his sons promised to return the jewels and cash at the earliest. A friend of this family happened to be present there when we lent our jewels and cash to this family. He was the only witness to this; a few days later this man went abroad with his son.

After a time we contacted the family for the return of the jewels and cash lent to them. But they showed no sign of returning them. Our repeated efforts to get what was due to us went in vain. And, to our utter shock the head of the family to whom we had actually handed the jewels and cash died. The sons were very harsh when we approached them. They snapped, “Ask the man to whom you had lent the jewels and cash. Do you have any documentary evidence to your claim? Come to us only if you have that.”
We did not give up. Time and again we would visit them and demand what they owed us only to be thrown out with abuses. Fifteen years passed in this manner. We did not get back our jewels and cash.

One day, we learnt from a resident of Thoothukkudi that this family had decided to sell their house. We were advised to demand back what was due to us. When we contacted them, they not only denied having taken anything from us but also labeled us liars! People in the neighborhood also supported this family’s demand to show some documentary evidence to our claim. But we had none! We had been chanting the Mahamantra in the Rama Temple at Virudunagar. We also conducted regular weekly bhajans on Monday in our home. We, therefore, said to them, “We chant the Mahamantra in the Rama Temple at our place and also conduct bhajans every Monday at home. If our Rama nama bhajan is powerful, Sri Rama and Haunman themselves will turn out to be our witness.” On hearing this all the people laughed at us. They said that I had lost my sense of balance. They remarked sarcastically, “Oh, will your Rama and Hanuman take a bus or a train and come to Thoothukkudi to give evidence?” Touched to the core, I said, “They will come on my behalf. This is certain!” and I walked out.
I returned to Virudunagar.

It was the second Saturday in the Tamizh month of Purattasi. I lit a lamp in the Rama Temple and chanting Rama Nama went around the main sanctum sanctorum in circumambulation. I saw an elderly man also going around in circumambulation of the sanctum sanctorum. As I sat down, this gentleman came and sat beside me. He asked me, “Do you recognize me? Aren’t you from Thoothukkudi?”
At once I recognized him and said, “Yes, I do.”
He said, “I am Ramachandran who was your neighbour at Thoothukkudi. Are you able to recognize me?”
And, added, “I was traveling to Thoothukkudi from Chennai. By mistake I alighted here at Virudunagar.
As I walked through this way I decided to enter the Temple and have darshan of Sri Rama. And, I have met you also here!”
After a pause he asked me, “Did you get back your jewels and cash?” referring to the jewels and cash that we had lent to one of our relatives at Thoothukkudi.
I told him, “No. I have not. They are demanding documentary evidence; and I have none. They have cheated me.”
On hearing me, he gave me an envelope and asked me to read the paper it contained. To my utter amazement I found that it was a document signed by Lakshmana Pillai, the man to whom we had lent the jewels and cash. It stated that he, Lakshamana Pillai, had taken 10 sovereign gold jewels and 1 ½ lacs in cash from me; the document also stated the reason for taking the loan and contained the date of the loan taken. It further stated that in case his sons failed to return the loan taken his house should be handed over to Gomathy (and that is me)! The wonder did not stop here. The document was signed by two witnesses whose names were Ramachandra murti and Marutirajan!

I felt choked. Tears began to roll down my cheeks. The joy I experienced at that moment is inexplicable. Mr. Ramachandran (for, this is the name of the gentleman who met me at the Temple), himself took me to Thoothukkudi. Showed the documentary evidence to the family who had troubled me for so long and
got back the jewels and cash they owed me!

The power of Rama Nama has, indeed, performed a miracle. Mr. Ramachandran did not know that I lived at Virudunagar. He was not aware that the family at Thoothukkudi had refused to pay pack the loan. Why should he who was on his way to Thoothukkudi alight at Virudunagar by mistake? It certainly was not a mistake. Why should he enter the Rama Temple? It was all the work of the compassionate Sri Rama who I had called as my witness! What is more amazing is the fact that he had with him the documents needed by me!! My case is verily the proof that Rama Nama can work wonders! As a result of Rama Nama, Sri Rama and Hanuman themselves did appear as the witness for both my claims – of the jewels and amount lent and they being my witnesses! What more can be said? Hail Rama Nama! Glory unto Rama Nama! All glories unto the Lord.

Our heartfelt gratitude and namaskar to our Sadguru Sri Muralidhara Swamiji for blessing us with the rarest of gems – the
Mahamantra! Our thanks and gratitude to our friend and guide
Mr. Venkateshkumar, who leads the Mahamantra chanting at Virudunagar, for leading us to our Sadguru.
============================

TIll the next time we meet in the name of LORD!
ys Deepak

Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
=================
If you have any questions or doubts concerning Spirituality, Mental peace or problems in life or about dharma, please write to us by clicking here:

http://www.namadwaar.org/answers/askquestion.php
His Holiness Sri Sri Swamiji personally answers these questions for you and suggests prayers.


No comments:

A Letter for you!

My Dear Soul Mate, Radhe Radhe! It’s been a long time since we had a chat. How are you? Are you regular with your Bhagavata paray...